Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ground zero


                  Ground Zero

Hello fellow readers!

It’s now the second day here in New York for me, today I was going to visit the place where the twin towers used to be. I have to take a cab there because I don’t want walk over 10 miles for it. The ride would take about 10-20 minutes with depends on the traffic.
I jumped in a cab and was now on the roll. I thought it we would be there now, but there is SO MUCH traffic, I did not expect that, although it is New York. On the way there we pass the Time Square, my plans is to go there in a day or two.
35 minutes later I’m finally there, I almost had to pay 45 dollars for the drive, talk about a rip off. I walked up to the place, it wasn’t what I expected, I thought it was going to be like a construction site. It was two big fountains on the places the towers used to stand at. I think I need to tell you readers about what did happened here. Most of you know that this place is where the biggest terrorist attack to place in USA. The attack took place September 11th 2001, some may refer to it as ‘’9/11’’. In these particular buildings there was two airplanes that crashed in to them, also it was two other planes that crashed later that day. On the memorial stone, it sees that it was over 3000 people lost their lives that day. I have to say, it feels a bit strange to stand here, it makes me feel kind of sad, so much pain, so much sadness. They at least did a really beautiful memorial place, it’s winter now so I can’t really say right now that it is beautiful, but I see a lot of trees and a lot of grass fields. I imagine in the summer it must be gorgeous here. I walked around the memorial just so I can got get a clear view of the whole place.
After about an hour and a half I decided to just take my pictures, buy a souvenir to give my little sister and go somewhere else. I want to go down to the water, which is only five blocks away. I’ll update again maybe tomorrow if I have something interesting to write about. I might visit time square, I might have to get up a bit earlier so it will not be as many people as it is in the middle of the day. Cya!                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment